15 Odd Uses for Vinegar
1. Help You Lose Weight
By drinking a mixture of one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water, with a bit of honey added for flavor, you can effectively control your appetite for several hours.
2. Prevent Static Cling Without Dryer Sheets
To prevent static cling, add one cup vinegar to each wash load. Now you can give up costly dryer sheets forever.
3. Remove Chewing Gum That’s Stuck In Your Hair
Put ice on the gum to freeze it, then saturate the area that has the gum on it with vinegar. The rest of the gum will actually dissolve, and you can slide it off your hair. If the vinegar is heated first the process will work faster even. This same process will work on furniture or clothes, too.
4. Grow Beautiful Azaleas
Occasionally water plants with a mixture of two tablespoons vinegar to one quart water. The vinegar increases the soil acidity — Azaleas love acidic soil.
5. Freshen A Room
An open dish of white distilled vinegar will help remove unpleasant smells like paint or fish odors from a room.
6. Soothe A Sore Throat with a mixture of apple cider vinegar, water and honey.
7. Stop Athlete’s Foot by soaking your feet in white distilled vinegar.
8. Stop The Hiccups by drinking a teaspoon of white distilled vinegar.
9. Extend The Life Of Your Pantyhose
Rinse your hose with water containing 1 tablespoon of white distilled vinegar, and they’ll last longer.
10. Clean The Dishwasher
Run a cup of vinegar through the whole cycle once a month to reduce soap build up on the inner mechanisms and on glassware.
11. Clean And Restore Leather Goods by rubbing a cotton ball or cloth soaked in vinegar over them.
The vinegar will remove salt, dirt and stains while bringing back shine. And don’t worry about the smell. Once dry, vinegar has no odor.
12. Prolong And Brighten Propane Lanterns
Soak new wicks for several hours in white vinegar and let them dry before inserting. Propane lanterns will burn longer and brighter on the same amount of fuel.
13. Remove Decals, Bumper Stickers And Price Tags
Soak a cloth in vinegar and cover the decal or bumper sticker for several minutes until the vinegar soaks in. The decals and bumper stickers should peel off easily.
14. Clear Mineral Deposits From Your Steam Iron
Fill the water tank with white vinegar. Turn the iron to the steam setting and steam-iron a soft cloth to clean the steam ports. Repeat the process with water, then thoroughly rinse out the inside of your iron.
15. Make A Rubber Chicken Bone
This is possibly my favorite way to use vinegar, mostly because it freaks people out. Soak a chicken bone in vinegar for several days and it will become rubbery and pliable. Perfect for scaring someone at your upcoming Halloween Bash.
These are just a few of the wonderful uses for this everyday product that you probably have in your pantry. You can find more ways to use vinegar in Great Uses For Vinegar by TipKing.
No comments yet.